Assistant Quantity Surveyor- Civil Engineering
A main Regional contractor is seeking a driven, determined and ambitious individual to join their team based in London. The successful candidate will be working for a company that undertakes projects from £500,000 to £50,000,000, within the contractors’ award winning Civil Engineering department.
- HND/Degree qualification
- Full driving license.
- CSCS Card (relevant type)
- All roles are expected to have the relevant competency skills cards
- Commercially astute. Knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
- Experience within a construction/engineering/similar and commercial background.
Hiring Manager Comments
- NEC3 Experience
- Worked on Civil Projects Previously
- Forecasting Experience
- Strong Excel Knowledge (used V look ups, pivot tables, etc )
- Demonstrations of working on Weather event claims/ EOTs and acceleration claims.
- Good Knowledge of Early warnings and CE Procedures within the NEC3 as well as compiling CE quotations and agreeing them with the client.
- Strong contract knowledge and awareness of any legal changes (i.e. HGCRA in October 2011)
- Used Earned Value Before (CPI and SPI.)
- Strong Willed.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good Initiative to adapt and work with some set of process and procedures.
- Strong persuasive skills.
- Able to demonstrate a point of view and relay this to someone not familiar with the project.
The company encourage a great work/life balance and thus offer a competitive 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance cover, company pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
If this is of interest to you, please call Rav on 07833 221572