Salary: up to £90k Plus Pkg
Location: Southern England, Northen England and Midlands
Regions: Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Birmingham, Buckinghamshire, Cambridge, East Midlands, Essex, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Kent, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Middlesex, Midlands, Norfolk, North East, North of England, North West, Oxfordshire, Scotland, South East, South West, Southern England, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Wales, West Midlands, Wiltshire, Yorkshire
Working with a Leading Civil contractor with £500m turnover per annum whom are currently seeking a Contracts manager for their company to work nationally.
Projects can be within Southern England, Northern England and the Midlands.
They are currently building 4 EPC Energy from waste plants worth around £400m in total
They have delivered 5 EFW schemes within the last 5 years on Design and build contracts from conception to completion
The civil works will involve;
- Bunker base construction underground
- shaft sinking
- Piling – Secant piled bunker, bored piling, sheet piling,
- RC structures such as Water tanks
- Groundworks & Earthworks
- Access roads and carriageways for tankers.
- Underground water retaining structures
The Contracts Manager has single point of responsibility and accountability for successful execution of a project in terms of quality of work, maintenance of schedule, budget and profit margins, and client satisfaction from commencement to close out.
Key responsibilities in the position include the financial monitoring and control of all contracts in their portfolio, ensuring HSEQ compliance is maintained and that the company’s procedures and objectives are achieved, manage change within contracts
Specific duties include:
- Programme planning – ensure projects are programmed to a high level of detail for the site team to deliver the scheme with no delays
- Ensure weekly review of progress, budget resources and forward planning are carried out and lookahead programmes are in place
- Ensure compliance with company commercial and procurement policies including to engage with subcontractors
- Attend tender handover meetings and deliver pre start meetings to the team
- Ensure a commercial plan and end of life forecast is in place and monitored monthly with progress reports and updated costs and forecasts, review CVR’s with project teams implementing necessary actions
- Implement the risk management process, review risk register and check risk controls
- By example set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practise ensuring compliance with company procedures and legal obligations
- Allocate HS&E responsibilities and duties to site personnel, check understanding and provide training as necessary
- Monitor expenditure and work items carried out against the original estimate ensuring the work is in the contract or may form a separate claim (liaising with commercial department and directors)
- Identify change in the scope of work and ensure change orders are current and adequate, prepare early warning and change instruction notices
- Monitor and control project performance against budget, schedule, quality and safety requirements using appropriate tools and reporting to management and client
- Assess the standard of all construction work associated with the project undertaking inspections and preparing full reports for monthly submittal to management
- Liaise with all stakeholders including client, outside parties, commercial and planning teams
- Experience of working as a Contracts manager or Project manager on projects £20m + in either Water or EFW or Renewable energy plant is essential and design and construct project experience is highly desirable.
- Degree qualified
- At least ten year within civil engineering working for main contractors
- Happy to work nationally
- Experience of Leading engineering teams