Contracts Manager (Social Housing New Build) | Permanent | Barnet, Hertfordshire
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 + car allowance / package
I have a great opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join a well-established main contractor on a permanent basis, working on new build social housing / residential projects within the London Borough of Barnet.
The company are a family run business that have been around for approximately 30 years. They have a wide and varied client base which include Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Sector Clients. The business has a young, dynamic and energetic management team with a strong business plan in place; they are further developing their client base and this is great opportunity to join a growing business.
They have recently been awarded a framework with a Local Authority to build 10 x houses spread over 5 sites; one is a 2 storey house and the others are bungalows, built with traditional construction methods and timber frame.
They are looking to bring in a Contracts Manager with a strong track record of overseeing multiple new build schemes within the Social Housing sector, who will be responsible for overseeing each project from pre-construction through to handover. This is a great opportunity to join a growing business and play a key role in ensuring the business continues to thrive and win more new build projects.
- Set up contract file and H&S documentation such as CPH&SP, Risk assessments, method statements
- Working closely with the design team and client to ensure all planning conditions are released in line with the programme
- Running multiple small infill site concurrently under a rolling programme with each site at different stages
- Working closely with Building Control and NHBC
- Ensure that all quality control, environmental and H&S requirements are met in line with company procedures
- Identify high risk activities and ensure the appropriate resources and procedures are implemented to identify and mitigate risk’s
- Manage project staff and all sub-contractors
- Monitor site cost with the support of the Quantity surveyor and Project manager
- Provide weekly progress reports to the Operations manager
- Carry out site audits / inspections and report findings to the Operations manager
- Track record overseeing multiple new build social housing / residential projects from inception through to completion
- Experience working for a reputable main contractor
- Self-motivated and able to motivate site teams
- Excellent managerial skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong client facing
- Strong understanding on UK building regulations
- Excellent all round social housing / residential / construction knowledge and experience
- Computer literate
- Full UK Drivers’ License
If you are a Contracts Manager and you are interested in this role, please apply with an updated CV or call Rob on: 07733 529 573