General Foreman- Civil Engineering
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 + Package
Location: South East
Regions: Kent, Suffolk
A major civil Engineering Contractor is seeking an experienced Foreman to join them on a new civil engineering project in the South East region.
Reporting to a Works Manager and managing Site operations the candidates main responsibilities will consist of:
- Managing Safety on site including giving inductions and effective Tool Box Talks, Daily Task Briefings and Point of Work assessments to Site Operatives.
- Allocating duties to Site Operatives.
- Supervising Site Operatives and site activities to ensure tasks carried out are within their levels of skill and expertise.
- Organising and requisitioning Site Equipment/ Plant and Materials to ensure completion of works.
- Co-ordinating with Line Managers on managing work methods which are technically sound, safe, economically viable, feasible and consistent and advise them of any items which may impact / change the contract programme.
- Maintain daily records of site activities and liaise with the Line Managers to produce information for progress reports.
- Monitor the attendance of Site Operatives and check the daily allocation sheets for accuracy and correct reporting of additional instructed work.
- Implement the requirements of work safety plans, method statements, risk assessments and other works procedures ensuring they comply with the relevant documentation.
- Ensure all site operatives are wearing appropriate PPE at all times during site activities.
- Ensure all site operatives are trained to use any plant and equipment and they are using it safely and for its correct purpose at all times.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of the set up and day to day running of a construction site.
- Airport / Civil Engineering Experience
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card – Supervisor – Gold, Experienced Supervisor or Manager.
If this role is of interest to you, please contact Rav on 07833 221572