General Foreman – Water – Northumbria
Salary: up to £48k Plus Pkg
Location: North east
Region: North East
Our Client is seeking a Water General Foreman to work on Northumbria Water for a main contractor on projects up to £15m each
The General Foreman will be responsible for ensuring high standards of health, safety, quality and environmental standards are achieved on site.
Responsible for the supervision of trades/operations reviewing quality of work and progress required, ensuring safe working conditions, ensuring materials are available to avoid delay to the project and monitored and stored correctly
- Responsible for all aspects of site operations and the performance of site staff;
- Continuously monitor subcontractors and client operatives under their control to ensure all safety requirements are met and the site cleanliness is maintained;
- Ensure labour resources on site matches programmed/planned labour requirements;
- Monitor and record progress of the works and assist in/or prepare short programmes for activities under the direct control
- To direct any instruction from the Clients Representative to the Site Agent before taking action;
- Ensure that clients Construction’s Divisional Safety Policy and its requirements are complied with and to ensure that the site team are all aware of their responsibilities in respect of safe working practices;
- Ensure all H&S procedures are complied with by all individuals on site;
- Where controlling work in relation to excavations etc. monitor planking and strutting or other support systems for safe working before allowing anyone to enter any excavation and during the progress of work.
Knowledge skills & experience
- City & Guilds in civil engineering; (desirable)
- Safety training scheme (CITB 5 day/Level 3); (essential)
- CIOB Site Management Certificate; Diploma.(desirable)
- Working in the Water Industry for minimum 5 years (desirable)
- Excellent civil engineering knowledge (essential)
- Excellent knowledge of formwork, concrete finishing and underground pipework (essential).