Lead Estimator – Swindon – £70k – £80k + package
Salary: £70k - £80k + package
Region: South West
A Tier 1 civil engineering contractor is currently looking for a Chief/ Lead Estimator to oversee and lead tenders on major projects within the rail & highways industry. You will be responsible for a number of Estimators, pricing key tenders for clients such as Network Rail, HS2 & Highways England.
Key aspects of your role
- Managing and motivating the estimating team
- Setting standards and driving continuous improvement within department
- Overseeing and reviewing all estimates to ensure all aspects are robust, thoroughly prepared and competitive.
- Inputting to bid strategies and ensuring estimates are prepared with a focus on the commercial or other win themes developed by the tender team.
- Allocating and balancing resource, recruiting as required
- Line management, approval of timesheets and expenses
- Chair team meetings, provide updates to senior team
- Developing and reporting on department statistics
- Managing department budget
- Liaising with other company functions to ensure support to successful tenders
- Producing estimates when department workload requires it.
- Liaising with operations and project directors to ensure full support to bid
- Support of team and creating an environment for innovation
- Strategic planning of software or hardware – develop departmental process and standardise tools.
- Management of team training
The ideal candidate will have worked within Civil Rail projects previously, also with a basic understanding of highways works. Salary is negotiable depending on experience, but an excellent remuneration package is available.