Project Manager – Civil Rail Division – £60k – £75k DOE
Salary: £60k - £75k DOE
A major civil engineering contractor is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to work within their Civil Rail division, initially adding engineering expertise to the tender process then going onto deliver projects won. The clients this contractor work with include Network Rail, HS2, London Underground and Transport for London. This opportunity offers the chance to build and develop a project from start to finish, and build a team suitable to the projects needs.
The Ideal Candidate should be
- Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering or similar
- MICE qualified (preferred)
- Come from a main contractor background
- Have experience in civil engineering, in particular the rail sector
- Previous track record of delivering projects with aforementioned clients
- Eligible to live and work in the UK (Citizen or ILR)
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
- Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge.
- Liaises with the Project Managers to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets, for the projected workload.
- Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Overall performance management of subcontractors.
- Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
- Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Close Liaison with Bid Team through tender processes
If you feel the above matches your skillset and aspirations, please apply with a copy of your CV in addition to a cover letter briefly outlining why you believe you are suitable for the position.
Salary and package DOE – Permanent Position only, employer unlikely to entertain a candidate with a hoppy/ contractor background.