Quantity Surveyor – Civil
Salary: £30K - £40K
A main and prestigious Civil contractor are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to work on a range of high profile projects across London. Ranging from Civil Infrastructure, Groundwork’s, Highways and Civil Rail.
Additionally, we are seeking a degree qualified candidate with at least two years within the Civil Engineering industry and worked with NEC contracts.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities:
- Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc. Coordinate any responses required with Commercial Manager.
- Liaise with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including the agreement of additional monies.
- Cost management for project/section of works.
- Build and maintain customer confidence.
- Understand allowances for elements of work (preliminaries, materials, subcontract etc.).
- Understanding of cost to end of reporting period and comparison with allowance.
- Understand forecast cost to completion.
- Value management for project/section of works.
- Prepare interim and final accounts.
- Understanding of true value to end of reporting period and comparison with actual cost expended.
- Understanding of forecast final value at completion.
- Change management for section of works.
- Recording of change and allocation of responsibility.
- Evaluation and recovery of any change that is not risk/liability including recovery from 3rd parties.
- Risk and opportunity management for project/section of works.
- Management (with operations team) of known and newly identified risks and opportunities for best project return.
- Identification and implementation of mitigation measures.
- Procurement for project/section of works.
- Ensure all involved in procurement for project understand allowances for items they are responsible for and the procedures to be followed.
- Maintain procurement schedules.
- Prepare subcontract documentation, issue enquiries, and negotiate agreements including interim and final accounts.
- Financial reporting for project/section of works.
- Prepare and issue monthly cost/value reconciliations and cost/forecast reconciliations.
- Prepare cash forecast.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts.
- Support the Commercial Manager for the project.
- Provide training and support for junior commercial staff and operational staff who you are supporting.
- Identification, preparation and negotiation of claims.
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ad hoc duties as job requires.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Optimisation of commercial return on a section or whole project.
- Control of cost, value, cash management, change and risk on a section or whole project.
- Timely detailed reporting to Managing Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager.
- Commercial development of all staff within job holder’s area of responsibility.
- Timely procurement of subcontractors in accordance with company procedures.
- Contribution towards continued improvement within the business.