Quantity Surveyor & Project Quantity Surveyor – Midlands – Civil, Infrastructure and Highways
Salary: 33,000 - 52,000 per annum dependant on experience
Regions: Birmingham, East Midlands, Midlands, West Midlands
Leading Civil Contractor turnover of £550m per annum are seeking a Quantity surveyor and a Project Quantity surveyor to work on a variety of civil, infrastructure and Highways projects up to £8m each.
Locations will include Birmingham, Leicester, Wellingborough and Midlands
Projects will include demolition, enabling works, new construction, foundations, piling, RC concrete, works, and drainage. Must come from a main contractor background and have experience in Civil Engineering.
- Providing commercial support for a project, working closely with the operational teams.
- Contribute to profitable performance through successful commercial and financial management.
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager on all financial and legal matters.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities:
- Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc. Coordinate any responses required with Commercial Manager.
- Liaise with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including the agreement of additional monies.
- Cost management for project/section of works.
- Build and maintain customer confidence.
- Understand allowances for elements of work (preliminaries, materials, subcontract etc.).
- Understanding of cost to end of reporting period and comparison with allowance.
- Understand forecast cost to completion.
- Value management for project/section of works.
- Prepare interim and final accounts.
- Understanding of true value to end of reporting period and comparison with actual cost expended.
- Understanding of forecast final value at completion.
- Change management for section of works.
- Recording of change and allocation of responsibility.
- Evaluation and recovery of any change that is not risk/liability including recovery from 3rd parties.
- Risk and opportunity management for project/section of works.
- Management (with operations team) of known and newly identified risks and opportunities for best project return.
- Identification and implementation of mitigation measures.
- Procurement for project/section of works.
- Ensure all involved in procurement for project understand allowances for items they are responsible for and the procedures to be followed.
- Maintain procurement schedules.
- Prepare subcontract documentation, issue enquiries, and negotiate agreements including interim and final accounts.
- Financial reporting for project/section of works.
- Prepare and issue monthly cost/value reconciliations and cost/forecast reconciliations.
- Prepare cash forecast.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts.
- Support the Commercial Manager for the project.
- Provide training and support for junior commercial staff and operational staff who you are supporting.
- Identification, preparation and negotiation of claims.
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- HNC/degree civil engineering
- 4/5 years working as a quantity surveyor on civil projects for a main contractor in a permanent position