Quantity Surveyor Rail – Suffolk
Salary: £45k + pkg
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to work for a main contractor with projects based across the UK, with over £2bn order book. Working within their rail division, you will be a key part of the commercial team delivering a £60m project, lasting until 2020.
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy. (including references taken, suitable levels of HSEQ etc)
- Monitor and maximise cash flow
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect contractors contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and Consultancy Agreements)
- Act and ensure others are acting in the best commercial interests at all times
- To act professionally at all times and promote the company’s best standards and practices
- Monitor and chase Main Contract payments
Required Expertise / Qualifications
- An accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS, the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).Alternatively, a degree with some numerical or technical is advantageous. Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
- Adequate experience as an Assistant QS/QS.
- A degree in QS and relevant experience obtained (Desirable)