Senior Engineer – Civil/Highways
Salary: £35k - £40k plus package
A major Civil contractor are seeking a Senior Engineer to join there team in Birmingham, working on various multi million pound projects from highways to heavy civil infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will be hard working, motivated and will have experience of working with major contractors and heavy civil experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Appropriate rail knowledge, experience and competency.
Duties/responsibilities will include:
- Carry out setting out duties accurately and on time
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with the customer specification
- Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environmental compliance
- Support the overall achievement of Perfect Delivery
- Deliver pre-start briefings
- Install survey control
- Ensure procedure is observed in relation to trigger levels for alignment control and the appropriate actions are taken
- Ensure all work is in accordance with the method statement
- Conduct quality control checks and build records
- Monitor and record all quantities of materials used
- Assist Sub Agent/Section Engineer in ensuring all operations are carried out safely
- Stand in for Section Engineer when required
- Monitor compliance with method statements and safety dictates specific to these
- Read and understand engineering drawings
- Check operator competence certification if new to task
- Deliver method statement briefings and risk assessments and ensure all operatives have appropriate training for the task
- Ensure the works are executed to the quality plan
- Control the works dimensionally
- Record the works for the shift and keep diaries, technical and quality records as appropriate
- Implement permit to dig systems
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to further progress their career and experience within a major contractor.