Senior Quantity Surveyor – Rail
Salary: £55k -£60k
A main contractor are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a wide range of Civil Rail projects including station upgrades, bridges, structural works within there Rail section of works in London. This is an excellent opportunity for an established Senior Quantity Surveyor to further progress within their field.
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Direct Reports: Various
Hours of work: Site Hours
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience with knowledge and appreciation of relevant sector.
- Relevant Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- 10 years commercial experience within relevant sector.
Key Tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead and develop the efficient and effective management and issue of accurate, timely and contract compliant documentation.
- Work closely with project management and engineering teams and liaise with Employers commercial team and client team.
- Produce documentation / evidence to demonstrate KPI achievement.
- Progress continuous development of the immediate team and own professional development.
- Competent in the application of IT skills to commercial management and the production of project documentation.
- Demonstrate and maintain commercial and technical knowledge and work closely with technical staff to develop appropriate techniques and solutions for the project.
- Assist with preparation of periodic progress valuations and claims for work completed.
- Produce monthly cost reports, forecasts, and contract budget reports.
- Maintain effective, accurate cost control.
- Ensure contractual and commercial risks and opportunities for realising efficiencies are identified to the Project and Commercial Managers.
- Ensure risk registers and contingency are accurately maintained.
- Review value management proposals.
- Effective and consistent implementation of the contractors Commercial Policy and procedures.
- Identify and provide appropriate, timely information to support change control process.
- Manage subcontracts from initial placement of order to final account.
- Prepare, review and complete sub-contract documentation.
- Prepare and agree interim applications for payment.
- Prepare and agree final accounts with subcontractor.
- Maintain registers of variations, delay, extension times and claims.
If interested, please apply with a copy of your CV.