Senior Quantity Surveyor – Rail Projects
Salary: £55,000 - £64,000 + pkg
We are currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for a Tier 1 contractor on major civil rail projects up to the value of £100m. Projects include newly awarded £30m project for TFL as well as getting involved in a Multi-Functional Framework with Network Rail. This is an excellent opportunity for an established Senior Quantity Surveyor to further progress within their field.
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Direct Reports: Various
Hours of work: Site Hours
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience with knowledge and appreciation of relevant sector.
- Relevant Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- 10 years commercial experience within relevant sector.
Key Tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead and develop the efficient and effective management and issue of accurate, timely and contract compliant documentation.
- Work closely with project management and engineering teams and liaise with Employers commercial team and client team.
- Produce documentation / evidence to demonstrate KPI achievement.
- Progress continuous development of the immediate team and own professional development.
- Competent in the application of IT skills to commercial management and the production of project documentation.
- Demonstrate and maintain commercial and technical knowledge and work closely with technical staff to develop appropriate techniques and solutions for the project.
- Assist with preparation of periodic progress valuations and claims for work completed.
- Produce monthly cost reports, forecasts, and contract budget reports.
- Maintain effective, accurate cost control.
- Ensure contractual and commercial risks and opportunities for realising efficiencies are identified to the Project and Commercial Managers.
- Ensure risk registers and contingency are accurately maintained.
- Review value management proposals.
- Effective and consistent implementation of the contractors Commercial Policy and procedures.
- Identify and provide appropriate, timely information to support change control process.
- Manage subcontracts from initial placement of order to final account.
- Prepare, review and complete sub-contract documentation.
- Prepare and agree interim applications for payment.
- Prepare and agree final accounts with subcontractor.
- Maintain registers of variations, delay, extension times and claims.
If interested, please apply with a copy of your CV.