Site Engineer – London Rail
Salary: £28k - £33k
A main contractor are seeking Site Engineers across London to work on multiple Rail projects who are hard working, well experienced and are seeking progression within the role.
The ideal candidate will have main contractor experience and Rail experience is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret construction drawings and liaise with construction teams to provide setting out controls on multiple projects, using a variety of survey equipment.
- Provide technical support to construction teams; interpretation of construction drawings, and providing support in the event of technical queries raised on site.
- Quality Control – assessment of imported materials, dimensional controls, specifications and finishing works.
- Maintain site records.
- Liaise with Site Managers at all stages of the contract works. Measure and report on contract progress against programme.
- Assist the Project Manager, Site Manager and Site Supervisor in the administration of the site in accordance with CML systems and procedures.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Minimum 2 years’ site engineering experience on civils and earthworks projects
- Setting out using total station equipment such as dumpy levels & laser levels
- Working within a Railway Environment (desirable but not essential).
- All engineering qualifications will be considered for the role;
- HNC/HND Civil Engineering (essential)
- BSc/B Eng Civil Engineering
- CSCS Card Holder