Site Engineer – Water – North East
Salary: up to £35k Plus pkg dependant on experience
Location: Middlesborough & Newcastle
Region: North East
Our client a Civil Engineering contractor are seeking a Site Engineer to work on their North East Water framework.
The role requires the candidate to work on a number of Water / Waste Water Projects.
The roles require setting out on pipework, FRC, roads, and MEICA installations.
To ensure the successful completion of site setting out the projects for the client whilst maintaining and improving client relationships, and adherence to the quality/ safety/ environmental/sustainability/Lean policies of the business.
- Setting out of projects
- Ensure timely methodology selection and preparation and completion of Method Statements, Risk and COSHH Assessments, and permits to work;
- Reporting monthly to Site Agent on the project cost of civil engineering materials;
- Ownership, leadership and promotion of project compliance with the Specification and the Company Policies for Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental and sustainability issues;
- Undertake the roles assigned within the contract PMP;
- Develop client relationships for ensuring a successful outcome on completion and enhancing opportunities for securing repeat work;
- Support team culture to create an environment where motivation and morale is high and earn respect of team members to gain their commitment and support that ensures their optimum input in the project;
- Actively promote actions to achieve our Sustainability goals and the Clients KPIs;
- Communication at all levels regarding progress of projects;
- Sign off requisitions for plant and materials and subcontractors within tender allowances;
- Ensure customer care for all the stakeholders involved in a project •Manage temporary works planning and checking and lift plans in accordance with company procedures;
- To carry out safety inspections and manage the Induction process;
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning, ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
Knowledge skills & experience
- CITB Level 3 Safety Course SMSTS (5 day);
- Appropriate CSCS card (Desirable);
- Professional qualification (Desirable);
- Chartered status or approaching (Desirable);
- HND in Civil Engineering;
- Degree in Civil Engineering (Desirable);
- First Aid at Work (4 day);
- Appointed person and Temporary Works Co-ordinator (Desirable);
- Behavioural safety training (Desirable);
- Training in Lean principles;
- Has held a similar position with a Civil Engineering Contractor for a sustained period;
- Experience of working within the Water Sector;
- Experience setting out projects between 0.5 million to £5 million;